Bug: IE is not able to resize popups

If you need support with TeamCal Pro (installation, configuration, usage) post your request here.
snaker
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Bug: IE is not able to resize popups

Post by snaker » 2010-04-22, 17:07

As you can see in screenshot, most popups cannot shown up correct:

Where can I change the size of these windows?
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re:Bug: IE is not able to resize popups

Post by George » 2010-04-22, 21:47

Hi snaker,

I see you use Internet Explorer, well, that's at you rown risk. I always try to be W3C compatibel in regards to HTML and CSS. If your browser can't handle that then I cannot change that.

The popup windows are called via JavaScript. Find those spots in the code. Each of those Javascript statements sends a width and height value to the popup. But remember, if you change those you are adjusting the window size based on the fact the IE cannot render the page correctly. It will then look odd in real browsers.

Best regards,
George
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/wiki/s ... eo+License
snaker
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by snaker » 2010-04-22, 21:56

Of course I'm using firefox (portable at work) but the company I'm working for is using still a high-modified Version of WinXP including IE6 cause of some compatibility reasons. Cause the most of the 50 people will open tcp in IE I want to modifie the source so that they can work easier =)

Thank you for this solution. What might I do to maximize the window? This will solve the problem, too ... And in Firefox this popup is resizeable but not so in IE, is there a trick to enable resizing for popup-windows?

Sorry for all this question, I'm just very interested to optimize tcpro for our workenvironment, hope you can understand that =)
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by George » 2010-04-23, 00:18

Hi snaker,

I know how that is... Here is what you can do.

Look for the "openPopup(" in includes/showmonth.function.php. You will find something like this:

Code: Select all

...openPopup('editcalendar.php...,'toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=no,dependent=1,width=980,height=640')
The last parameter there contains the settings you might want to change.

There are several occurrences of that statement.

Best regards,
George
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/wiki/s ... eo+License
snaker
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by snaker » 2010-04-23, 16:58

Thank you, helps a lot to find the other popup-calls. So everything works fine now with IIS and TCPro :)

Thank you very much for your help :)