Absence types can not be deleted

If you need support with TeamCal Neo (installation, configuration, usage) ask the community here.
scotx
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Absence types can not be deleted

Post by scotx »

Hello !
I've installed the TeamCalNeo on my server as a trial. I wanted to configure this purely as a vacation planner for only one "absence type". However, even though all out-of-office types have been deleted in the administrator account, I still have at least two types of out-of-office selections in the user calendars, even though they are no longer listed in the out-of-office list? Where is the mistake ?
In addition, I wonder how it is planned to release the holiday request? Cool would be if I create an absence type that users can use as a vacation request, e.g. Icon in orange as a request and I can then change this to change my absence type in holiday confirmation with a green icon change, so that the user visually sees that the holiday is approved.
If there are translation errors in the text, excuse me, the text is edited with a translator.
Thanks & best regards
Daniel
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Absence types can not be deleted

Post by George »

Hi Daniel,

not sure what happened there. What you can try is, go to Database Maintenance => Delete records.
Select "Delete all users..."
Type in the confirmation word and delete the records.

You can set an absence type "Approval required". Then it will be added as a daynote first and the approver can finally enter it in the users calendar if he approves.

Best regards
George
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/wiki/s ... eo+License
scotx
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by scotx »

Hi George, thanks for your reply. I deleted all the data from the database and also deleted all absence types. But can I still select the day off and half day fields in my calendar?
See photo

Viele Grüße - Daniel
Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (247.23 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George »

Hi Daniel,

you indeed uncovered a bug. Thanks for finding it. It is being tracked here:
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/browse/TCN-265

Best regards
George
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:
scotx
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by scotx »

Hello and thanks for the update - I just installed it. The problem is now fixed! However, I have now found another problem. If I give the status "counts as present" to an absence type, this is not taken into account on the calendar. In a group with two members has e.g. a member of the absence type "emergency service" with the addition "counts as present", and the second in the group in this period can no longer enter holidays, if the "minimum present count" in the group is "1", although the first member of the group is on "present" with emergency service ??
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George »

You are my favorite bug finder right now :-)
Indeed there was a function counting absences regardless of their "counts as present" flag.

Will be fixed in the next release.

If yuo can't wait that long, replace attached file in the classes folder.
Templates.class.zip
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Best regards
George
scotx
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by scotx »

Thank you for that - I take that as a compliment :-)
I just installed it!
However, the function "Count as" does not work anymore in the absence types. Absence types can easily be overwritten by normal users, although in the options, the count as switch is set to the other way of being away and was not previously overwritable.
But also enough for the next release ;-)
Otherwise, the calendar is really great ...

many Greetings
Daniel
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George »

Hi Daniel,
sorry, I do not understand your last comment. Can you elaborate oon it?
Best regards
George
scotx
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by scotx »

Hello,
I tried it again. The problem is this:
I create an absence type that must not be changed by the user, e.g. Emergency service with the switch "Group Manager Only".
Then I set a second absence type e.g. Vacation and start with "Count As" - "emergency service".
If I set a day to "emergency service" as an admin for a user, that user can simply overwrite the "emergency service" with "vacation" and the symbol "emergency service" is no longer visible to anyone, except the "vacation "?

I found another "bug". If I, as an admin, receive an email about the data requested by users, it says:
User: User
Requested absence:% absence%
Requested Date:% date%

or is that due to a server setting with me?

Thanks & best regards

Daniel

P.S. The complete text is translated with the Google translator - I hope that everything is readable :-)