User X visible in Group A as "no member"

If you need support with TeamCal Neo (installation, configuration, usage) post your request here.
pnoenigi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

User X visible in Group A as "no member"

Post by pnoenigi » 2019-08-05, 16:19

After Updating to Version 2.1.1 we miss one important feature now:

If a user X is not member of a group A but marked as "to be shown in group A" he is not visible there anymore.
In the last version the user X was visible in group A as "guest" (italic font).

Any suggestions?

my best, Peter
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: User X visible in Group A as "no member"

Post by George » 2019-08-11, 16:36

Hi Peter,

that is weird. There were not changes to that feature but that does not mean that another side effect is causing this.
I checked in the online demo and there it works. I configured Donald Duck to be shown in the Looney group. Here is a screenshot
tcneo-guest.jpg
tcneo-guest.jpg (92.46 KiB) Viewed 18 times
What option did you set under Calendar Options => Options => Default group filter ?

Best regards
George
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/wiki/s ... eo+License
pnoenigi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pnoenigi » 2019-08-12, 14:18

Dear George,

yes, you nailed it! We set under Calendar Options => Options => the default group filter after the last update to
"ALL (by groups)" because that is a nice way to show all users in a structured way (and not only in an alphabetical order).
But it seems that then the visibilty of "guests" get lost somehow.

It would be great if this would work someday because we like your calendar here very much, it s almost perfect for us.
So we should set the group filter to "ALL" again now. But we have one problem then: In the new version every user can only see the group he is a member of. But sometimes a person like a chief-secretary want s to check another group she is not a member of (and should not become). That worked out now with the group filter "ALL (by groups)" but does not work anymore with the filer "ALL" where you can look for users only.

My best, Peter
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George » 2019-08-13, 19:51

Hi Peter,

the guest display is disabled in the "All by group" option. In some cases it lead to the same user being displayed over and over again, e.g. when he is guest of several groups. The idea was to display that user when showing a single group only with the "All" option on.

Hoewever, if a user is allowed to view users of other groups, those users should appear in the "All" calender display. But maybe I misunderstood your use case here.

Best regards
George
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:
pnoenigi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pnoenigi » 2019-08-14, 15:25

Hi George,

maybe I didn't explain it so well. It's of course fine that the "guests" are not shown in the "All by group" option. But when I open a special group (in the example: Looney) no guest (Donald) is displayed there although I added him as a guest to this group before.

At the moment we think the filter "all by group" is more important for us than the "guest"-feature. So we added all "guests" as a regular member to the special group where it should displayed (Donald in Looney) although it belongs to Walt Disney by heart...

My best, Peter
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George » 2019-08-14, 19:56

Hi Peter,

good point. I can do that this way:

If "All by group" is on and all groups are displayed => No guests are shown
If "All by group" is on and a single group is displayed => Guests are shown

Will be available in the next release.

Best regards
George
pnoenigi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pnoenigi » 2019-08-15, 10:48

Dear George,
sounds great, thank you!

Best regards, Peter