New website 2013

What you need to know about this forum, this site and the products.
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

New website 2013

Post by George » 2013-09-28, 22:02

Hi all,
yes, I changed my avatar. After a hundred years or so I thought I should. Goes along with all my other profiles. Just to keep it synchronized. So, gone the cap and shades, my true face revealed. Hope you're not disappointed 8) .

I also, relaunched my website. I dismissed Joomla and ideas about using any other CMS. I started digging myself into HTML5, CSS3 and responsive design anyways so I thought I'd start from scratch. And that's what I did. I started very classic, opened a text editor and typed "<html....". And you might know how it is, it's an abyss once you are falling. Tried things out, checked for cool Javascript and PHP modules I could use. Well, you're looking at the result when you pull up http://www.lewe.com.

For styling I used a PHP based CSS architecture I developed. Makes it easy to inject PHP variables into style sheets. Neat way to prepare skins feeding the same core style sheet. I explained it here: CSS Variables. Let me know what you think if you like. There is a comment option on that page.

Anyways, would like to hear your verdict about the new site. Tell me here if you encounter any problems or if you have questions or suggestions.

Best regards,
George
Heart1010
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: New website

Post by Heart1010 » 2013-10-15, 13:42

Hi George,

congrat to the new / clean design! Looking good.

Now I know the reason why there aren't any commits since few days/weeks :wink: