1. You agree that your use of the Website and this Forum is governed by these Rules. Failure to respect their content may result in a ban.
a. Your email address: we require you to have a valid and correctly-working email address.
b. Your username: you are not permitted to register a username that is offensive, or that consists entirely or largely of symbols / punctuation and numbers. If you register a name that matches or resembles a commercial software or service, or promotes another type of product, service, website or blog, it will be rejected by the moderators and any associated posts removed.
c. Multiple identities are not permitted.
3. Signature: you are permitted a single line signature, which may include one link to your own website (see also rule #14)
- A text link is allowed. Graphics, linked graphics and animations of any type are not permitted.
- You may link to an internal page on your site.
- The link may not be to a product, a download, or an affiliate link.
- The maximum length of your signature is 80 characters including spaces, and the maximum font size is 2.
- A signature must not be deliberately made to stand out visually. It may be smaller than the standard font size, and/or of a less-noticeable color - but it may not be larger or brighter.
- No links (including in signatures) are allowed to websites either for, or that feature prominently, or with commercial links to: commercial software**, pharmaceuticals, porn, gambling, violence, loans, credit, political parties, religious views, information considered illegal in most countries, or any other website or material that we decide is inappropriate.
4. Avatar: a photo or graphic is allowed. The maximum dimensions are 80px per side and 20kB. Animated graphics are not permitted.
5. You warrant that you will not post any message that is obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, discriminatory, in breach of copyright, of religious or political content, or otherwise in violation of law or accepted community standards.
6. When addressing another forum user, you will be polite and treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.
7. In addition to the above, the following types of activity are expressly forbidden:
- Flaming - posts of an inflammatory or insulting nature.
- Trolling - this includes (but is not restricted to):
- Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in multiple posts.
- Posting something which is against our forum rules.
- Posts of a nature that might start a "flame war" or simply to cause difficulties for the moderators.
- Posting defamatory comments about another member. “Attack the post, not the poster.” You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster.
- Posting continuous criticism of moderators and their moderation activities. You may criticize a moderator, or how the site is run. However, such comments should be made privately not publicly.
- Engaging in behavior which is disruptive to the general operation of the forum or community*.
A breach of any of the above rules may result in removal of your privilege to participate in the forums.
8. Stick to the topic. Do not deviate from the subject being discussed in a thread. Open a new thread if a new issue arises from the discussion so others can always see by the title what the thread is about.
9. Do not post the same topic in several forums - no double posting or cross-posting.
10. Freedom of Speech: your contribution to this forum is not a right but a privilege. As a privately owned, financed and operated website, we have the right to allow or deny any content we decide. The rules we have in place are to protect the site, and to provide a convivial environment for our users. Any content that we believe conflicts with this requirement will be removed.
11. Although the administrators and moderators will attempt to keep all objectionable materials off this forum, it is impossible for us to review every message. All messages express the views of the author alone, and the owners will be held responsible for the content of any message.
12. You must not post copyrighted material here unless it is done so under a Fair Use agreement. In the absence of any permissions being presented to us, we require that a maximum of 200 words be reproduced here, and a link shall be given to the original website.
13. You retain copyright to any original content you contribute, but agree to assign to this site and its successors perpetual and unlimited license to use such content free of charge as we see fit.
14. You must not use this forum for advertising. This includes linkspam. Any post or material that seems to have been made for the purpose of advertising will be deleted.
15. No direct link to any type of file or automatically initiated service is allowed in the forum. Please link instead to the page the file or service link is referenced on.
16. No links to websites we determine to be unsuitable are allowed. Websites should have a green rating or no rating (showing as "?") at WOT* in order to be allowable. Links posted on the main site and in the forum will now display the corresponding WOT rating logo so long as you have the WOT extension installed. This is available for several of the leading browsers, and we recommend you install this to aid your own safety online. Links to WOT red-rated sites are not permitted**. Links to orange-rated sites are not normally allowed except by direct reference to and permission of the forum manager.
- Posts containing references to any products or services where the originating website has a poor WOT rating are likely to be edited or removed, even if a link is not included.
17. The owner of Lewe.com is not responsible for the content of any website linked to. You must decide if you wish to visit any such site or download any materials from another site. The responsibility is entirely yours and you must employ due diligence.
18. Advice given on this forum by the by the site owner or staff, members or visitors is not to be taken as fact. The owner and staff are not responsible for the accuracy of any advice or information. The user must determine the suitability of the advice or information and Lewe.com cannot be held responsible for loss or damage caused by the use of any advice or information.
19. The staff of Lewe.com reserve the right to edit, move, delete or close any message or thread for any reason. In the event of any dispute the decision of the staff is final.
20. List of names
The "Website" is this website, Lewe.com at http://www.lewe.com.
The "Forum" is the forum at http://forum.lewe.com .
The "Rules" are these rules.
A "Moderator" is a website official whose duty is to enforce the Rules.
Web of Trust at http://www.mywot.com
With best regards,