[PATCH] LDAP auth/login re-work

If you have coded modifications, additions or language files for TeamCal Pro share it with others here.
alexeb
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

[PATCH] LDAP auth/login re-work

Post by alexeb » 2008-06-17, 18:11

Hi,

I had to hack apart the authentication section of tclogin.class.php to get LDAP auth to work correctly. While doing this I ended up refactoring the (rather messy) branch structure of login() at the same time.

The patch is at http://pl0rt.org/~alex/tcpro-ldap.diff

Sorry it's not amazingly tidy (some whitespace etc. is patched too) but it works and should be a good start for more work on this. Things to note:

* I added another config option $CONF['LDAP_TLS'] to allow people to configure tls encryption of the LDAP connection.
* There are a couple of extra return codes from ldapVerify now, which will probably need error messages associating with them.
* Users will still need to be created in the database before they can authenticate against LDAP. I didn't fancy digging any further to fix this problem; PHP makes my eyes bleed ;p

Hope you find this useful!

--alex
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re:[PATCH] LDAP auth/login re-work

Post by George » 2008-06-17, 20:07

Alex,
thanks for your work on this. I am getting ready to revisit TeamCal Pro shortly and will then incorporate this.
Best regards,
George

PS: "Messy branching" hurt my feelings. It is lengthy maybe, but beautiful... ;)
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/wiki/s ... eo+License
james
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by james » 2008-06-19, 09:44

where can i download this module from, i am keen to have ldap support enabled in my instance of teamCal.

thanks

james.
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George » 2008-06-22, 00:25

Hi James,
unfortunately it is not integrated yet. If you want it right away you need to code it yourself using Aleks's diff of function.tcpro.php.
Best regards,
George
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:
alexeb
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by alexeb » 2008-06-23, 17:51

Hi james,

You need to download and unpack the tcpro source, then download the patch from the link in my first post. Then, it should be a simple* case of running:

Code: Select all

patch -p0 <tcpro-ldap.diff
in the directory you've unpacked tcpro into.

* simple, as long as you're running a Real OS ;p

Hope this helps!
--alex
mark_burge@hotmail.com
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by mark_burge@hotmail.com » 2011-09-30, 05:55

Should LDAP auth be working in 3.3.009 or does it still need this stuff incorporated in it?
I'm not sure if I have the settings wrong or the code is still not working, but I'm getting "LDAP error: LDAP username not found.".
I cant work out how to incorporate alex's changes using Patch on Win XP and I don't know if I still need to be at this date.
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George » 2011-09-30, 07:48

Hi Mark,
I haven't changed the LDAP code. It should still work as described here. I could not test it tho either.
Best regards,
George
mark_burge@hotmail.com
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by mark_burge@hotmail.com » 2011-10-04, 05:22

Ended up that my main problem was needing to change the uid= to cn= in this line of tclogin.class.php

if (!$info = ldap_first_entry($ds, ldap_search($ds, $searchbase, "cn=".$this->U->username, $attr))) return 95;

BTW, did you know that the forum saerch only works for the first page of results? You click to the next page and get nothing...
Oh and there's a 'could not instantiate email function' error on here too. After submitting.
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George » 2011-10-04, 09:10

Hi Mark

good to know you found a solution.

I know about the shortcomings of the forum software here. I just dont have the time to go through an effort intensive move or upgrade. As long as the bugs are not crushing the system...

Best regards
George