Factor and Count as fields don't update

If you need support with TeamCal Pro (installation, configuration, usage) post your request here.
jtravers
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Factor and Count as fields don't update

Post by jtravers » 2013-12-05, 10:13

Hi, I'm evaluating the latest (3.6.010) version of the code I was trying to apply different factor weights to a common pool of absences. An example would be a half day where this would take 0.5 from the common vacation pool. I tried this with a new absence and neither the factor weight nor the count as seem to accumulate correctly - tried both on a local install as well as the demo site.

The easiest way to check this is with the sample data. Add a half day to user mimouse - by default this has factor 0.5 and counts as vacation. The users half day count increases by 1 and the vacation count does not change. Is there something obvious that I am overlooking?

Thanks,
Jamie
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Factor and Count as fields don't update

Post by George » 2013-12-13, 11:16

Hi Jamie
I checked this quickly and admit it looks odd to me too on first sight. I can't dig into this right now but I have opened a bug report on my Atlassian.net site here:
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/browse/TCP-72
I will spend some time on TCP next week again.
Thanks for spotting this and best regards,
George
smialc
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by smialc » 2014-01-21, 16:18

I am also having problems with half day vacation factoring in version 3.6.0.10 and 3.6.0.11 fresh installs.

If a user takes 1 full and 1 half vacation day (factor of .5) against a total of 20 allowed the totals show accurately in the user profile Absence Count but not in the regular calendar view under the Remainder column.

This happens both when I used the sample sql data or when I used the empty sql file and entered my own users/data. It also happened on the TeamCal demo site.

Screenshot of Absence Types:

Screenshot of incorrect Remainder count:

Screenshot of correct Absence count:

Thank you for such a great application. If we can get this bug resolved I'll be very happy to use the software.
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George » 2014-01-22, 21:16

Hi smialc,
thanks for your bug report. I will follow up on it here:
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/browse/TCP-92

I created an account for you there. Check your email.