Region setting in 3.3.008

If you need support with TeamCal Pro (installation, configuration, usage) post your request here.
jtravers
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Region setting in 3.3.008

Post by jtravers » 2013-12-05, 09:30

Hi, I have been using TeamCal 3.3.008 for a couple of years now and would like to congratulate George on a great tool. We are expanding the scope of the tool at the moment and have noticed a couple of issues which may mean a painful upgrade to the latest version with all the required database updates. The main problem is in adding regions - when a region is selected in the calendar view, then hit Apply the tool reverts to the default region. Also, there does not seem to be an option to update a user's region in their user profile.

I know the short answer is to upgrade, but was wondering if there is a less recent version which fixes this issue but does not require all of the work in migrating to the latest.

Many thanks,
Jamie
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Region setting in 3.3.008

Post by George » 2013-12-13, 11:02

Hi Jamie
I know where u are coming from. However, I do not maintain parallel code branches from older versions. That would just beat the resources I have.
You can download older releases from my main website, do a quick install with sample data and check which version fixes the issue. It might be 3.3.009 already cuz I fixed a bug in the region class there. The upgrade from 3.3.008 to 3.3.009 is very simple.

Download 3.3.009 and overwrite these files (backup the old ones before you do):
editprofile.php
message.php
includes\functions.tcpro.php
includes\tcregion.class.php

In any case, I recommend to go all the way and upgrade step by step to the newest release.

Best regards,
George