Global daynotes in individual calenders?

If you need support with TeamCal Pro (installation, configuration, usage) post your request here.
ralli
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Global daynotes in individual calenders?

Post by ralli » 2013-07-16, 15:03

Hello George,

thank you for your great calender system.

I use it a bit differently than it is supposed to. I manage my football team with it. I set up one group with all players in it and have one global calender for them all. The "absent notes" are used both for absence and presence. In the global calender, I put daynotes with info about the trainings and games. The players then open up their individual calender with the tool icon and sign in (or out) for the dates with the options I assigned to the calender (like: attending; work; injured; holidays etc.).

I disabled all the calculations and restrictions about free days and the likes, because we only use the calender as a very basic method to track who is coming or not. Like that, the calender works just fine and it took only one week until all players adopted to the new system.

Now, there is one question which I got asked several times and I cannot answer it myself. Is there a possibility to show the daynotes from the global calender in the individual calenders of the players? We don't use individual daynotes, so I am wondering if there could be simply a copy of the code from the global calender daynotes-section to the individual calender code? But which files these are, which code bits and if this works at all, I don't know.

Can you help us out with that?

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Ralf
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Global daynotes in individual calenders?

Post by George » 2013-07-19, 14:55

Hi ralli
I am not sure whether I understand you correctly. The global daynotes are shown in the calendar. When you say "individual calendar", do you mean the Editcalender dialog?
Best regards,
George
ralli
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ralli » 2013-08-04, 08:27

Hello George,
thank you for your reply. I was on holidays the last two weeks. ;)
What I meant is the following:
There is the global calendar "calendar.php" which shows all names in a list and all attendences for everyone in our group.
Then, if one of the members wants to edit his own attendences, he clicks on the little "tool icon" next to his name in the global calendar.
A pop up window then opens with the individual calendar. For example: "Calendar of Ralli". In the address bar, it says editcalendar.php(...).
In this calendar, I would like to show the same day notes which are shown in the global calendar. Is that possible?
Kind regards,
Ralli
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George » 2013-08-05, 20:15

Hi Ralli,
got you now. Let me look into it...
ralli
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ralli » 2013-09-06, 17:36

Hello George,

sorry for posting here again instead of Atlassian, but just wanted to say thanks for adding the extra line to the calender as mentioned here:

https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/browse/TCP-47

Looking forward to the new patch version.

:)
George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George » 2013-09-08, 23:13

This has been resolved and will be released in 3.6.008
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/browse/TCP-47