Page 1 of 1

I found a error in log page

Posted: 2011-02-02, 10:36
by Catzenjaeger
on the log page a part of the text will only be show in english
my try: i have change the words in the english.tcpro.php but the text will again only show in english

example
Zeitstempel Ereignistyp User Ereignis
2011-02-02 10:12:46 Loglevel admin Loglevel options updated
2011-02-02 10:12:07 Configuration admin Configuration changed
2011-02-02 10:10:59 Month admin Month template created: Darmstadt 201102 0000110000011000001100000110
2011-02-02 10:10:37 Configuration admin Configuration changed
2011-02-02 09:59:56 Database admin Database export: sql | all | download
2011-02-02 09:58:56 Absence admin Absence updated: U Urlaub (Antrag) FF0000 0 1 0
2011-02-02 09:58:46 Absence admin Absence updated: U Urlaub (Antrag) FF0000 0 1 0
the headlines are ok and alo the rest - only the log is in english

is this an error?

i mean the lines in log.php are ok but i can only see the most in english

whats wrong what i made wrong?

Re:I found a error in log page

Posted: 2011-02-02, 11:38
by George
Hi Catzenjaeger,

yes, the log is in fact in English. Administrators usually read logs and they understand log-file English pretty well. The GUI language can be selected, the log entries stay English.

If you want to change them you need to change the code in several files where the log() function is called.

Re:I found a error in log page

Posted: 2011-02-02, 11:49
by Catzenjaeger
a ok i was just wondering well in the language files is the text translated but not shown on the log page :)
* System Log Page
*/
$LANG['log_title'] = 'System Log';
$LANG['log_filter'] = 'Ereignisse anzeigen fuer folgende Ereignistypen:';
$LANG['log_absence'] = 'Abwesenheiten';
$LANG['log_config'] = 'Konfiguration';
$LANG['log_database'] = 'Datenbank';
$LANG['log_daynote'] = 'Tagesnotizen';
$LANG['log_group'] = 'Gruppen';
$LANG['log_holiday'] = 'Feiertage';
$LANG['log_login'] = 'Login';
$LANG['log_month'] = 'Monate';
$LANG['log_registration'] = 'Registrierung';
$LANG['log_user'] = 'User';
$LANG['log_announcement'] = 'Ankuendigungen';
$LANG['log_sort_asc'] = 'Aufsteigend sortieren...';
$LANG['log_sort_desc'] = 'Absteigend sortieren...';
$LANG['log_header_timestamp'] = 'Zeitstempel';
$LANG['log_header_type'] = 'Ereignistyp';
$LANG['log_header_user'] = 'User';
$LANG['log_header_event'] = 'Ereignis';

Re:I found a error in log page

Posted: 2011-02-02, 12:54
by George
That is correct. The language file only contains the GUI elements of the Log page, not the log messages themselves.