TeamCal Pro Upgrade

If you need support with TeamCal Pro (installation, configuration, usage) post your request here.
rmacrae
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

TeamCal Pro Upgrade

Post by rmacrae » 2009-01-24, 19:44

Hello There,

The sports club that I belong to uses TeamCal Pro for member scheduling.

We are running quite an old release V2.6.003 which has some drawbacks, specifically the visibility of profile data without being logged in. Additional visibility options were introduced an early release of V3 I think.

The question is, is it possible to upgrade to the latest release and retain the current data?

Many Thanks,
Roger

George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re:TeamCal Pro Upgrade

Post by George » 2009-01-29, 14:41

Hi Roger,

yes, an update is possible. These basic steps should be followed

1) Backup your data and files
2) Copy your installation to have a second one to work with
2) Perform all database updates for each version you missed as described in upgradeinfo.txt
3) Install the new files
4) Adjust config.tcpro.php

Best regards,
George
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/wiki/s ... eo+License

rmacrae
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by rmacrae » 2009-02-04, 21:05

Hi George,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I guess there are a few updates in between where we are and the current release - are the interim updates still available, can I download them from somewhere?

I'd probably backup the whole of the current installation to a development server that I have, carry out the updates and then once I'm happy preserve the original and copy across the now up to date installation.

Kind Regards,
Roger

George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George » 2009-02-04, 23:41

Hi Roger,

you don't need the interim releases. Just perform the database upgrades for each new release that you didnt install and use the newest files. Read about the changes in upgradeinfo.txt.

Best regards,
George
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:

cyn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cyn » 2009-07-01, 18:51

Please pardon my ignorance, but I don't know any sql, so I don't understand the directions in the upgradeinfo.txt file.

First, I can't find the old database to copy.

Second, I don't understand how to perform the actions described. For example to go from 2.7.xxx -> 2.8.000, the first step is to

ALTER TABLE 'my_tc_users' ADD 'title' VARCHAR( 80 ) NULL AFTER 'lastname';

Do I put this in some file and execute it or ???

Please help me as I need to upgrade, but also need to keep the old data.

George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by George » 2009-07-02, 04:50

Hi cyn,

unfortunately the upgrade steps are not automated. You need to have direct access to your database (e.g. vie phpMyAdmin) and perform the steps describe manually.

If you are not familiar with these database manipulations maybe you could ask a friend who knows how to do this.

If you don't know anybody who can help you I could support you with the upgrade but I would need FTP access to your TeamCal installation and access to your database. If you wanna do then send me a mail via the contact page (see Main Menu).

Best regards,
George