Name change for newly married user?

If you need support with TeamCal Pro (installation, configuration, usage) post your request here.
cyn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Name change for newly married user?

Post by cyn » 2008-11-18, 01:04

One of our female users recently got married and has changed her name. I figured out how to change the displayed name (easy to modify the profile as an administrator). However, I would like to change the users login name from oldlastname to newlastname to match our company standard. How can I do that?
It is probably something obvious but...
By the way, I am using v. 2.7 :ohmy: -- have not upgraded due to reading here (a year ago) of great difficulties in transferring the databases to newer versions....

Thanks for any help!

Cyndi

George
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re:Name change for newly married user?

Post by George » 2008-11-19, 14:12

Hi Cyndi,

you cannot change the usernam with the TeamCal GUI. Changing the username presents a few risks, that's why the GUI does not offer this option. You can, however, change the username in the database directly, using a tool like phpMyAdmin e.g..

The file Upgradeinfo.txt contains a description of all changes to the database when upgrading to a new version. Start with the chapter [2.7.xxx] -> [2.8.000] and then do all steps above. I suggest to copy your database and use a parallel installation to play with.

Best regards,
George
TeamCal Neo is free for private use but requires licensing for use in a commercial environment:
https://georgelewe.atlassian.net/wiki/s ... eo+License